Accounting is the language of business. It’s important to have an understanding of how accounting fits into the organisation and how it delivers important information to assist decision-making.
This course uses financial statements from a central case study to connect concepts to concrete examples. It demonstrates how accounting enables an understanding of how a business is performing.
- An information system
- Elements of accounting
- Financial statements
- Financial statement analysis.
- Explain how accounting satisfies the information needs of a range of users
- Explain the definitions relating to the five elements of financial statements
- Explain the nature of recognition, measurement and disclosure
- Explain how scaling techniques and ratios enhance analysis and interpretation of financial statements.
Content sits on the University Learning Management system and you will need to create a profile to login to access it. If you require assistance or have difficulties creating an account, please contact the University of Melbourne Support Team.