The ability to analyse data is fast becoming a base requirement in many roles. Data Essentials is designed to help you navigate this growing landscape and become data-literate.
- Finding data based evidence
- Working in a data based world
- Making measurements
- Collecting clean data
- Ethical issues in data collection.
- Distinguish between anecdote and data, in the context of case studies
- Separate the different roles and skills of the researcher/data user, computer scientist, and data analyst
- Assess how particular variables can be measured to help answer a research question
- Evaluate the idea of garbage in – garbage out as it applies to data
- Understand the need for ethical approval in conducting research on humans and animals.
Content sits on the University Learning Management system and you will need to create a profile to login to access it. If you require assistance or have difficulties creating an account, please contact the University of Melbourne Support Team.